Monday, September 16, 2013

WTF Happened to My Body...The Conclusion!

It's been nearly 11 months since I had my twins. It's been 5 months since I posted a body picture. In that time I have worked my tail off to...well...work my tail off. I have run, lifted weights, practiced hot yoga, walked, squatted, lunged, and burpeed myself towards a stronger, healthier me. Most recently I increased my calories quite a bit and upped my protein intake by nearly 80 grams per day, and that alone showed me some of my biggest results.

At this point I fit into everything I did before I had my boys, and some things even fit better now than they did then. I didn't do any of this to get "skinny." I did it to get healthy. To get strong. I was strong and healthy before I got pregnant, and I didn't like the feeling of weakness and general body softness that is pretty much part of having babies, I wanted the old me back. Thankfully, I think I found her, and I have had the most amazing, funny, smart, and adorable baby boys with me through all of this. They let me work out in their play room at home, they come with us to the gym, and I'm pretty sure they'll be helping their dad teach fitness classes before their fourth birthday ;) 

Enough chatter...here are the BEFORES (you can find more in previous blog posts):




 And the AFTERS!









so much less squish :)

It's all a work in progress. Just sharing this journey back to me, for any who care to read it <3


No comments:

Post a Comment