Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thankful


With Thanksgiving quickly approaching, and the Facebook trend of saying what you are thankful for each day in November, I thought I'd write a post about what I am thankful for. I am not with it enough to keep up with that Facebook stuff, I know myself well enough to know I would maybe get up to day 4 and say to hell with it. So here it is.

1. I am thankful for my husband. He is the hardest working, most dedicated man I have ever met. He does everything in his power to make our life fun and worry free. He is the best father to our twins. He's funny, compassionate, and ridiculously handsome. I have no idea what I would do without him.
could totally look at him all day

2. I am thankful for my children. They are the cutest things I have ever seen, and they are so sweet. Watching them experience the world is the absolute best thing. They give hugs and kisses all day everyday. It totally doesn't hurt that they sleep from 6pm to 8am nearly every night...

3. I am thankful for my friends. I don't know how many people would be willing to break plans to hang out with a mom who doesn't want to drink wine alone, but my friends do it all the time, and thank goodness, because I don't have to feel like an alcoholic!

4. I am thankful for my dad and my stepmom. They are the most supportive parents anyone could hope for. They are always available to spread a little positivity when it's needed, play with the twins, and have weekly family dinners. They are such wonderful people, and I am very lucky to have them as parents.

5. I am thankful for my body. It is this amazing machine that allows me to do the things I want. It created 2 babies, at once! It got stronger than it's ever been after they were born. It takes the beating I give it on a daily basis and hardly ever complains. It has been feeding my babies since before they were born, and it's still up for the task. I used to want to change it, but now I just want to take care of it.

6. I am thankful for cloth diapers. Without them I would have spent close to $2,500 on diapers in the first year of the twins' life.

7. I am thankful for The Stomping Ground. This gym is our second home. The relationships we have built there are worth more than anything. The blood, sweat, and tears I left there has given me the strong body that I have. It's more than a gym, it's kind of like therapy.

8. I am thankful for Strap Perfect bra strap clips. Seriously. They have made my nursing bras look sexy. Basically makes it a miracle product.
9. I am thankful for music. It is so important in my life for so many reasons.

10. I am thankful for this blog. It allows me to reach out to people that I otherwise would never know. It has created relationships, spread information, and even changed a few lives.

11. I am thankful for my mom friends! Thank you for reminding me that I am not crazy, that whatever is going on is normal, and that we can all get through this parenting thing as long as we stick together (especially when our kids become teenagers and conspire against us...)

12. I am thankful for my many years teaching elementary school. You've made parenting twins seem like a lunch break.

13. I am thankful for the house and neighborhood I live in. There's no way I could ask for anything more suited to my personality, and there can't possibly be a better street to live on. I mean, we all have twins!

14. I am thankful for coconut water. And veggie burgers. And almond butter. You three are delicious and I love you.

15. I am thankful for the fact I don't have cable television. Instead, I have a life.

16. I am thankful for my ability to stay home with my children. I know so many people who want that opportunity, and I am truly grateful that I have it. It is the best job in the whole world.

17. I am thankful for 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioners. I have no shame saying I use one, and I love it. Cuts my shower time in half (which is important when you have one year olds are screaming on the other side of the shower curtain).

18. I am thankful for Gorilla Glue. It fixes everything.


19. I am thankful for the birth of the twins. It was a horrible experience, but it taught me so much, and I know any future children I have will not be born under those conditions. My husband and I have so much education regarding the topic now that we wouldn't have without things being the way they were.

20. I am thankful for our military and the freedoms that I have because of them. No one truly knows what those men and women go through to protect us, and not a day goes by that I don't remember that.

21. I am thankful for my work ethic. I have never been lazy, and thank goodness, because I can't be!

22. I am thankful for the wonderful photographers in my life! Because of you I have fantastic photos of my babies and our first year together. Maggie Dillon, Corrine Fuller, Arielle Monaghan, Peter Acker. You guys are all fabulous and ridiculously talented.

23. I am thankful for my breast pump. Thanks to you I have just donated my 3,000th ounce of milk!

24. I am thankful for prenatal vitamins. If I had known your super power was super hair and nail growth I would have been taking you my whole life!

25. I am thankful for my education. I plan to home school my kids, and I can do so knowing I am fully qualified and trained to do so.

26. I am thankful for my mom. We don't talk, but she taught me what not to do when it comes to raising my children.

27. I am thankful for our amazing babysitter. She allows us to go out occasionally with complete confidence that our babies are sleeping soundly and are well looked after.

28. Last, but certainly not least, I am thankful for wine. I know everyone has their vice, and wine is mine. Without it, I would be a hot mess, strung out, losing my mind, crazy woman mom.


I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!




No comments:

Post a Comment